Why burglars choose some houses in the Aire Valley and leave others.
If you were a burglar faced with the choice of a house with good physical protection, HD CCTV and quality alarm system and a house with fewer or none of these measures – which would you choose?
Take necessary measures to protect your home as increased suspicious activity across the Aire Valley has been reported. CCTV cameras on domestic properties are a strong crime deterrent both day and night and allow you to look back on what has been happening on your property.
Fully installed High Definition CCTV camera systems with remote viewing capabilities on your smartphone can give you a high level of security and peace of mind for less than the price of a new smart TV!
Keeping your burglar alarm maintained is also a good way to ensure your home security is reliable. Keybury can take over existing alarm systems and set up a maintenance contract even if we did not install the alarm system. You may also considering upgrading your current alarm so you can receive notifications if your alarm activates, or our new technology which allows you to set and unset your system from your smartphone. If you would like to discuss these option, please call our office on 01535 66 11 97.
Here are some more tips to help you keep your home secure.
– Always lock your doors and windows, even when you are at home. It only takes a minute to lift a valuable item left near an open window for example.
– Always take keys out of locks and keep them in a safe place. Do not leave them in reach of the letterbox, a cat flap or on view from a window. Remember to keep car keys out of view too.
– Make sure items such as laptops, phones, cash or tablets cannot be seen through windows. It is also advisable not to leave chargers for these valuable electronics plugged in on view either.
– If you are out, try to make your home look occupied. For example, leaving lights on a timer. If you are going to be away for a few days, ask a friend or family member to check on your house and lift any post etc.
– Always remember to set your burglar alarm when you leave or go to bed. The chime option is also a good idea to let you clearly hear if anyone enters your home while the alarm is not armed.
– Sharing information of suspicious activity through local social media groups to keep residents informed and vigilant can be helpful. Today’s neighbourhood watch groups often communicate through private social media groups on Facebook.
If you would like more information on a burglar alarm or CCTV for your home, do not hesitate to contact us on 01535 66 11 97, or simply fill in our contact form.