There are several ways a business can enhance the physical security of their premises. Implementing procedures and processes can improve security at your business premises, and using security systems can vastly enhance security levels. Here are ten ways your business can improve security.
1 Installing security cameras can deter potential intruders and provide video evidence in case of a break-in. Studies show that burglars check for cameras, and are deterred by them.
2. Using access control systems such as key cards or biometric scanners can restrict entry to authorized personnel only. Facial recognition systems are extremely popular and QR code access systems can be used for visitors. Access control improves security within the building as well as controlling access to the building. Be sure to integrate your access control system with your fire alarm.
3. Adding burglar alarms can alert you in case of a break-in. Monitored alarms can alert police or a nominated key holder in the event of an activation. Most insurance companies will require a business to install an industry approved monitored intruder alarm in their premises.
4. Reinforcing entry points such as doors and windows with stronger materials can make it harder for intruders to gain access. Roller shutter doors can be integrated to lock when the alarm system is armed.
5. Implementing regular security patrols can help detect and prevent suspicious activity. This can be physical in person patrols or a monitored CCTV system can virtually patrol the premises.
How Important is it to improve Security in your business?
Physical security is an important aspect of any business, and there are several ways to enhance it. In addition to the measures mentioned, there are a few more things that businesses can do to improve their physical security:
6. Training employees on security protocols and emergency procedures can improve overall awareness and response to potential threats. It’s crucial that staff understand the security systems in place and how to use them. This limits false alarms and improves their functionality. Intruder alarm systems with app control can send reminders about arming the system or allow it to be armed remotely. Alternatively timed arming can be programmed for scheduled locking up.
7. Conducting regular security audits: Regularly assessing the physical security of the premises can help identify vulnerabilities that need to be addressed. As technology improves, so does the functionality of security systems. Improved monitoring products are available, better quality CCTV and more intuitive access control systems.
8. Installing motion sensors: Motion sensors can be installed in areas that are not frequently used or during off-hours to detect any suspicious activity. Motion sensors are often combined with external lighting which can be a good deterrent. Perimeter CCTV systems with motion sensors can turn CCTV into an active security system.
9. Using security screens: Security screens can offer an additional layer of protection for windows and doors, making it harder for intruders to break in.
10. Implementing a visitor management system: A visitor management system can help keep track of who is coming in and out of the premises, ensuring that only authorised personnel are allowed entry. Access control systems can slimline this and even provide a fire roll call function in the event of an evacuation.
By implementing these additional measures, businesses can significantly improve their physical security and protect their assets.
Protect Your Business
Improve your business security with a business security survey. Keybury offer the complete security solution, with over four decades of experience and a highly skilled team. Keybury are NSI GOLD certified police compliant and insurance approved. Book online today or call 01535 661197 email@example.com.